[Dev] Tizen on Raspberry PI 2 using Yocto

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at osg.samsung.com
Mon Apr 20 12:10:19 GMT 2015

Hi,

I'd like to share some work we did in order to compile Tizen for
Raspberry PI 2 using Yocto. The procedure is described at:
	http://blogs.s-osg.org/bringing-tizen-to-a-raspberry-pi-2-near-you/

Basically, in order to do that, we had to fix some things at tizen-distro,
in order to:

- Fix the rpmbuild recipe, in order to not pass the compilation
  options to rpm arch, as it would cause troubles when building
  for ARM, as it would mark the OS name as "gnueabi", instead of
  "linux" for most packages;

- Don't compile Wayland/Weston egl for the RPI2 proprietary driver,
  as mesa/gallium doesn't support the RPI2 GPU.

- Some other random minor fixes.

I also had to patch the Yocto's BSP for RPI2, in order to make it to
build for Tizen.

Now that Tizen is building and running on RPI2, I'll be working on
preparing the patches for tizen-distro, in order to make it easier
to compile for non-x86 machines.

I'm not sure yet what to do with the RPI2 BSP layer, as most of the
changes there are specific for Tizen. So, it probably won't fit upstream.

Perhaps the best would be to merge meta-raspberrypi into tizen-distro.
Suggestions?

Regards,
Mauro