[Dev] Tizen on Raspberry PI 2 using Yocto

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon Apr 20 12:54:32 GMT 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab at osg.samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to share some work we did in order to compile Tizen for
> Raspberry PI 2 using Yocto. The procedure is described at:
>         http://blogs.s-osg.org/bringing-tizen-to-a-raspberry-pi-2-near-you/

Hi,

Yes I noticed this earlier today, congratz !

I am sure it will attract members to hack into Tizen

I couldn't check myself since I dont have this board yet
(I was considering getting and odroid one)

SoI just added link to :

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/ARM#BroadCom

> - Don't compile Wayland/Weston egl for the RPI2 proprietary driver,
>   as mesa/gallium doesn't support the RPI2 GPU.

Well, I am wondering the status of that broadcom GPU on wayland and yocto
Could it support TV profile as well ?

As fallback you can build gallium with swrast driver

It worked for me on this GPUless board : sama5d4-xplained-

Check weston egl triangle in sama5d4-xplained-wayland-20150415rzr_mp4_mkv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTCJd0i2Y0#

(Of course it's CPU intensive ...)

Anyone tried  fb port  of xwalk or other webengine ?

More hints :

http://download.tizen.org/misc/media/conference2014/slides/tdc2014-crosswalk-on-iot.pdf

Keep us informed about Tizen support on this page :

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Category:Hardware

Regards

--
 mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC