[Dev] [Tizen-rp2] [Tizen-on-rpi2-community] Tizen on Raspberry PI 2 using Yocto

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at osg.samsung.com
Tue Apr 21 10:01:01 GMT 2015

Em Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:54:32 +0200
Philippe Coval <philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org> escreveu:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> <mchehab at osg.samsung.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to share some work we did in order to compile Tizen for
> > Raspberry PI 2 using Yocto. The procedure is described at:
> >         http://blogs.s-osg.org/bringing-tizen-to-a-raspberry-pi-2-near-you/
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes I noticed this earlier today, congratz !
>
> I am sure it will attract members to hack into Tizen
>
> I couldn't check myself since I dont have this board yet
> (I was considering getting and odroid one)
>
> SoI just added link to :
>
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/ARM#BroadCom

Thanks!

> > - Don't compile Wayland/Weston egl for the RPI2 proprietary driver,
> >   as mesa/gallium doesn't support the RPI2 GPU.
>
> Well, I am wondering the status of that broadcom GPU on wayland and yocto

I'll see if I can improve this and build wayland-egl. I saw one fork of
the Broadcom's userland driver with some wayland patches. Maybe it is
possible to import and use them.

> Could it support TV profile as well ?

Good question. I didn't test the TV profile on it yet.

> As fallback you can build gallium with swrast driver
>
> It worked for me on this GPUless board : sama5d4-xplained-
>
> Check weston egl triangle in sama5d4-xplained-wayland-20150415rzr_mp4_mkv
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTCJd0i2Y0#
>
> (Of course it's CPU intensive ...)

Good tip! I'll try first the wayland-egl patches for Userland. If
this doesn't work, I'll try the swrast driver.

> Anyone tried  fb port  of xwalk or other webengine ?
>

> More hints :
>
> http://download.tizen.org/misc/media/conference2014/slides/tdc2014-crosswalk-on-iot.pdf
>

> Keep us informed about Tizen support on this page :
>
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Category:Hardware

Ok.

> Regards

Regards,