[Dev] tizen 3.0 building on rpi2

Mats Wichmann mats at osg.samsung.com
Wed Dec 2 14:17:46 GMT 2015

On 12/01/2015 08:38 PM, Yaramala siva krishna reddy wrote:
> Dear dev team,
>
> I am trying build tizen 3.0 for rasberrypi-2 board . While building , i
> am facing some errors.
>

> *ERROR: Task 1243*
> (/home/krishna/Projects/Tizen/ref/rPi/tizen-distro/meta-tizen/meta-tizen-common-base/recipes-core/systemd/systemd_git.bb
> <http://systemd_git.bb>, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
>
> I am attaching the fail log file also.
> I already installed the needed build packages for host system.
>

> *My host pc configuration* is :
> RAM : 4 GB.
> HardDisk : 500GB.
> ubuntu 12.04.
> gcc versio : 4.8.1 .
>
> I am following the below *link* for building:
> http://blogs.s-osg.org/bringing-tizen-to-a-raspberry-pi-2-near-you/.

The most interesting thing I see in the log is this:

configure: error: *** ln doesn't support --relative ***
Configure failed. The contents of all config.log files follows to aid
debugging
/home/krishna/Projects/Tizen/ref/rPi/tizen-distro/build/tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-vfp-vfpv4-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi/systemd/216-r0/git/config.log

That's kind of an odd error, because we can't blame your native
binutils, as at that point it is using the cross-built chain
(arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-gcc, etc.).  Perhaps it's a red herring and is not
the real failure reason.  Hopefully someone else knows more about this
and can help.