[Dev] Tizen bring-up - DRM

Shahul Ahamed Shaik shahulahamed.shaik at incubesol.com
Wed Dec 16 11:43:43 GMT 2015

Hi Leon Anavi,

>      We are trying to port tizen 2.3 wearable profile. Soc of our platform is Dhanush , it is mips based Soc.  So please let me know is DRM compulsory for Tizen bring-up. If you need any information regarding our platform i will tell.
>

> Thanks for Quick response.
>
> Regards,
> Sk shahul.

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:03:58 +0530 (IST)
From: Shahul Ahamed Shaik <shahulahamed.shaik at incubesol.com>
To: dev at lists.tizen.org
Subject: [Dev] Tizen bring-up - DRM

Dear All,

    We are trying to bring-up Tizen on our platform. Android is running on our platform and we are using FrameBuffer for rendering.
    Is the use of DRM compulsory for Tizen bring-up and graphics rendering? If not, what is the way to bypass DRM and use FrameBuffer directly to achieve Rendering, and what are the advantages/disadvantages associated with the same?
    Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.
Skshahul.

------------------------------

Message: 2
On 16.12.2015 11:33, Shahul Ahamed Shaik wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>      We are trying to bring-up Tizen on our platform. Android is running on our platform and we are using FrameBuffer for rendering.

Which Tizen version are you porting to your platform? What is the SoC of
your platform?

Best regards, Leon

>      Is the use of DRM compulsory for Tizen bring-up and graphics rendering? If not, what is the way to bypass DRM and use FrameBuffer directly to achieve Rendering, and what are the advantages/disadvantages associated with the same?
>      Please let me know.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> Skshahul.

Leon Anavi