[Dev] Porting Tizen to Samsung Artik

Chanwoo Choi cw00.choi at samsung.com
Tue Dec 29 02:16:45 GMT 2015

Hi Aleksander,

On 2015년 12월 29일 11:12, Jaehoon Chung wrote:
> CC'd Chanwoo.
>
> On 12/26/2015 10:23 PM, Aleksander Kurczyk wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I am one of the Samsung Artik 10 alpha testers. I am trying to get Tizen working on my Artik 10 rev. 0.22 (the last alpha one). I have found the manual on how to get it working on Tizen's wiki. It's available here: https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/ARTIK_10_for_Tizen_3.0. Using those instructions and attached files I have managed to compile the kernel and during boot got the error message "Bad ARM magic".
>>
>> I had to fix the attached DTS file. In one line (109) there was missing a semicolon while in another one (541) there was an undeclared before constant "CLK_MOUT_EPLL". I have changed it to "CLK_MAU_EPLL" because those constant is used in the next line. Correct? I also had to change the size od modules.img image (to 32MiB) because the modules couldn't fit there.
>>
>> Can someone who also got the Samsung Artik 10 alpha board tell me what am I doing wrong? Has it something to do with the DTS file or maybe I am using wrong toolchain?

You are right. The exynos5422-artik10.dts has the problem as you mentioned.
So, I fixed them. I added the semicolon in line 109 and push the patch[1]
to add the 'CLK_MOU_EPLL' clock as following:
[1] https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/kernel/linux-exynos.git;a=commit;h=fb5b25f81caa3e00766b841da4f18c05336ee59f

After you pull the latest linux-exynos.git, the issue might be not happened.

Best Regards,
Chanwoo Choi