[Dev] tools went missing

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Thu Dec 31 11:31:51 GMT 2015

Hello,

It's been some time and I haven't complained here bceause everything was
good enough.

However, just before Christmas several changes have been made to
platform/upstream/meta-generic package which have made my work
significantly more annoying. I am writing about commits:

+ https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/upstream/meta-generic.git/log/?id=0619f88b
  Removes less, making work with tools like systemctl hard as
  shpx. No lrzsz means no way to transfer files if your digging in the
  system's guts and sdbd dies.

+ https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/upstream/meta-generic.git/log/?id=b0c0c0c9
  Removes nano and vim, leaving no editor. There is no ed! No strace
  and diff, and patch.

+ https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/upstream/meta-generic.git/log/?id=b7823ec8

+ https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/upstream/meta-generic.git/log/?id=c8b87d54

All the changes have been reviewd in less than 24h. I though we got over
it before.

--
Łukasz Stelmach