[Dev] vconf/vconf-buxton does not support 'unsigned long'

Ikey Doherty michael.i.doherty at intel.com
Thu Feb 5 16:08:47 GMT 2015

On 05/02/15 16:02, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2015 06:15:37 Chengyi Zhao wrote:
>> Hi,
>> A middleware software need to save the value of 'unsigned long' type to
>> vconf/vconf-buxton, however, this project does not support the 'unsigned
>> long' type.
>> vconf-buxton.c: * union for storing values  */union keyvalue{
>> int i;			/* storage of integers */  int b;			/* storage
> of booleans */
>> double d;			/* storage of doubles */  char *s;			/*
> storage of strings */};
>> Please add support for the 'unsigned long' type.
>
> long changes size between 32- and 64-bit types. The correct thing is to add
> support for 64-bit (unsigned) long long.

In upstream Buxton we support both uint32_t and uint64_t [1],
I imagine this would make it much easier to implement in the
vconf compatibility layer. (Signed  are also available,
naturally)

[1] https://github.com/sofar/buxton/blob/master/src/shared/buxtondata.h#L24

- Ikey
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited