[Dev] Tizen-Distro the Tizen build with Yocto Project is available

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Jan 9 20:13:04 GMT 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 21:06 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> The repository that I prepared has the "master" branch set up to track
> "master" and the "tizen" branch for the current Tizen 3.0 work, tracking
> the "dizzy" branches. I used combo-layer on both branches to update
> components, to verify that it really works. The result is in
> sandbox/pohly/master resp. sandbox/pohly/tizen.

Let me add that there are some known differences between that "tizen"
branch and rev_0.9, besides the obvious one of using a different
meta-openembedded:
      * The original meta-tizen layerhook script (copied from Yocto)
        also modified the subject line of patches embedded in commits. I
        already fixed that in the script that is now in the tree, but
        did not re-run the import. Instead I'll just commit a clean-up
        commit.
      * The final copy of bitbake is different from what rev_0.9 copied
        from the upstream git repo. I need to check that.

> I also had to manually resolve conflicts when importing patches from
> meta-tizen and did not spend much energy on ensuring that these
> intermediate commits are 100% correct. Going forward we need to ensure
> that we have a linear history in meta-tizen, just like the other
> components do it.

meta-tizen intentionally isn't in the master branch. We can get it there
when moving over either by cherry-picking the entire patch series or
(better?!) constructing a merge commit.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.