[Dev] Which branch we should use in tizen-distro and meta-tizen?

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Jan 26 07:48:18 GMT 2015

On Mon, 2015-01-26 at 01:34 +0000, Li, Yong B wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> for the tizen-distro, I noticed you have merged the all these content
> from Tizen branch to the master branch, and will delete the tizen
> branch.

No, it's the other way around: HEAD of tizen-distro is "tizen", and that
is where active development happens at the moment for Tizen 3.0 (as in
other repos). The "master" branch is ready for tracking the next
generation of the other upstream components, but does not get used yet.

meta-tizen now only has the "master" branch, which also is the HEAD.
There's no reason for keeping two branches in sync there, because there
has been no reason to branch yet.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.