[Dev] Common QA for "Tizen on Yocto"

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Thu Jun 4 23:59:07 GMT 2015

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 14:09:03 +0300 Leon Anavi <leon.anavi at konsulko.com> said:

> Hi again,
>
> On 3.06.2015 23:59, Leon Anavi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the official status of the available Tizen:Common QA test
> > suites for "Tizen on Yocto"?
> >
> > I spent the day fixing recipes testkit-lite, testkit-stub,
> > common-suite-launcher for Freescale i.MX6. Finally I got the tests
> > from common-sanity-suite running. Here are the results:
> >
> > [ test summary ]
> >   [ total case number: 13 ]
> >   [ pass rate: 61.54% ]
> >   [ PASS case number: 8 ]
> >   [ FAIL case number: 5 ]
> >   [ BLOCK case number: 0 ]
> >   [ N/A case number: 0 ]
> >
> > I have the feeling that the failed test cases use zypper which as far
> > as I know is not provided with "Tizen on Yocto". I will have a look at
> > them tomorrow.
> >

> Two of the failed cases test to zypper which is not provided in "Tizen
> on Yocto" and one of the failed tests is related to SMACK which is
> disabled in my image. I did a patch to disable the whole set of system
> tests which includes these three test cases:
> https://github.com/konsulko/tizen-distro/commit/9319277496a6c2190af1d6c0a8948d44f93b7409

good q. is zypper an integral part of tizen? from the view of someonme on a
tizen system who wants to add a package - eg a debugger to get work done... it
is.

also - is smack a required thing in tizen. sure- adds security, but is it a
hard dep - no smack, then it's not tizen?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>