[Dev] Common QA for "Tizen on Yocto"

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Fri Jun 5 07:14:58 GMT 2015

Centre Intel SSG
Le 05/06/2015 01:59, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) a écrit :
> On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 14:09:03 +0300 Leon Anavi <leon.anavi at konsulko.com> said:
>

> good q. is zypper an integral part of tizen? from the view of someonme on a
> tizen system who wants to add a package - eg a debugger to get work done... it
> is.
Zypper is not part of Tizen compliance and as Yocto does not use Zypper
is quite logical not to have it.
Model with Yoco is that you do an image for what you need, not a base
image where you add later Package from a repo.
While it could be done, it"s certainly not coming by default.

> also - is smack a required thing in tizen. sure- adds security, but is it a
> hard dep - no smack, then it's not tizen?
I can confirm that pint, no Smack, no Tizen.
My advise is to reactivate Smack ASAP as making it at the end of the
project would be more than a serious pain.
Believe me, we tried :-(

Dominig