[Dev] Common QA for "Tizen on Yocto"

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Mon Jun 8 11:29:32 GMT 2015

Hi Dominig, Carsten, All,

On 8.06.2015 11:07, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:

> Le 05/06/2015 10:02, Carsten Haitzler a écrit :
>> my question is more one of "maybe it should be there by default as a
>> core part of tizen?" as it has key value to tizen as an OS. it makes
>> tizen useful. it differentiates tizen. it makes an installed tizen
>> device EASY to extend as a developer of that device or as someone
>> interested in augmmenting it.
> To be honest, its a nice to have for developper but for a product it
> provides no value at all.
> Making zypper mandatory for a product point of view is not a great idea.
> So likely it should stay out of the compliance requirement.

Actually, the smart package manager, which already present in "Tizen on
Yocto", can replace entirely zypper.

"Tizen on Yocto" package's output directory on the host system can be
converted into a package feed with the assistance of a web server, for
example apache or something lighter. After that smart channels have to
be set on the Tizen device. Finally, new package can be installed with a
simple command, for example:

smart install -y zip

I have just done it and it works :)

Best regards,