[Dev] Unable to take a screenshot in Weston

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Thu Jun 11 10:51:46 GMT 2015

Hi Philippe,

Thank your for the help. I found a solution.

On 11.06.2015 11:04, Philippe Coval wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Leon Anavi <leon.anavi at konsulko.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am unable to take a screenshot for Weston 1.6.0, built from "Tizen on
>> Yocto" for HummingBoard. According to weston.log, weston-screenshoter is
>> launched after pressing Super + S and wayland-screenshot.png is generated
>> but the image is empty. Could you please recommend me how to fix this issue?
> Hi leon
>
> I'll invite you to compare to other Distros that Hummingboard is supporting
> and then report the problem there too.
Following your advice I tested a Poky image with Wayland/Weston 1.6.0
and the screenshot was working fine on it.

> Make sure to provide all the logs you can produce, you should see
> trace of this protocol :
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/tree/protocol/screenshooter.xml
>
> Do you use GL backend ?
> Try again using FrameBuffer ... then compare behaviour with working
> setup and where you'll loosing access to buffers.
>
> It would not surprise me that the problem near mesa or hardware
> graphics drivers but I have no clue...  but the empty image makes me
> thing about an "overlay frame" like on X11 ...
Yes, the hardware graphics acceleration in enabled for Weston 1.6.0 on
Tizen.

My research shows that the issue is specific for i.MX6. The screenshots
are empty when weston is started with gal2d compositor. When I start
Weston without it I can successfully capture screenshots.

Best regards,
Leon

--
Leon Anavi