[Dev] [Tizen-Yocto] [RFC]: unsetting sysroot in steps to crosscompile crosswalk for TI DRA7XX

Xavier Roche xavier.roche at open.eurogiciel.org
Fri Mar 6 11:32:29 GMT 2015

Hi Patrick,

Yes currently, on the tizen branch you could not build crosswalk related
image, but the minimal one works properly, as mentioned in the wiki.
I didn't push yet my sandbox patches because:
- The new feature buxton/vconf-buxton still needs runtime adaptation
according to our yocto based environment : currently widgets can not be
launched at all
- efl needs also a bump from 1.9.3 to 1.12.2
- Also, the last weeks commits have not been yet integrated

All these points lead to quite the same status from the actual tizen
branch...

Any way I would deeply encourage people to follow the wiki and use the
"official tags", which are rev_ivi_2015_02_04 for tizen_IVI, and rev_0.9
for tizen common.
But you are right, tizen-distro must point to a fully buildable and
functional version...The problem is that the current "official" rev_0.9
tag currently points to Ronan's sandbox...
So I will fix this today.
But I will very soon push a new release which will be completely
functional and synchronised with current Tizen common status.

 From that in coming release, I will then clean up the current working
branches ("upstream" "tizen-merged") so that we could retrieve a normal
working process in tizen yocto integration for both IVI and common.
Also, from that in coming release, I think we do not have to use
spec2yocto any more for massive upgrades... and in my opinion all the
extraconf recipes have to be properly merge in .inc recipes...

I know this is a bit messy for the moment, this is a particular step we
have to cross in tizen-distro :
- the status on IVI and common are not the same any more
- the gap between our current version and the actual Tizen common is
important (at both packaging and runtime level)

Anyway be sure, this will be completely fixed next week...

Regards,

Xavier

--
Xavier Roche