[Dev] Service and dbus-daemon behavior during Image building/installation

José Bollo jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon May 4 08:06:00 GMT 2015

Le vendredi 01 mai 2015 à 16:52 +0530, Manasij Sur Roy a écrit :
> Hello All,
>

> I would like to know the behavior of Service (Daemon) and/or
> dbus-daemon during Tizen image installation.
>

> I saw some previous threads ("Gumd usage in building images"), in
> which it was suggested to provide "offline" API for using during image
> installation.
>

> So I would like to know which is the best practice in those scenarios,
> is this documented somewhere?
>

> My issue is: My service gathers some info from application manifest
> file during package installation (through package manager plugin for a
> custom tag, which can not be retrieved after app installation).
> The client fails to contact the service for pre-loaded apps during
> image installation, (g_bus_get_sync fails with null error for system
> bus) but for normal apps (downloadable app) it works fine.
>

> Please help me.

Hello Manasij,

The image creation is made by the tool MIC that runs on your host. After
an initial step, MIC installs the rpm in the image as if it was on the
target. But it is not on the target. There no available tizen
environment set: no daemon are started and if there is a dbus, it is the
dbus daemon of the host, not the daemon of the target.

That is why during image creation, it is not possible to use daemon
based services.

The rule is that any package that may or should be installed during
image creation must implement daemon free post installations.

I don't remember the discussion about gumd but somebody wrote that there
is a way to use dbus without dbus daemon.

Best Regards
José Bollo