[Dev] Is DEP3 convention mandatory for Git commit in Tizen?

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Wed Nov 11 14:59:27 GMT 2015

Hi,

What are the rules for git commit messages in the Tizen repositories?

Is it mandatory to use the DEP3 convention? If so could you please
confirm that the format is Bug-Tizen: XXX where XXX is the key of the
bug in JIRA?

I noticed a requirement for DEP3 convention on slide 12 of Philippe
Coval's presentation from TDC2014:
http://download.tizen.org/misc/media/conference2014/slides/tdc2014-tizen-upstream-coop.pdf

There is nothing about DEP3 in the official article for " Contributing
Code to Tizen":
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/getting-started-guide/contributing-code-tizen

I didn't find a generic page for contribution guidelines at Tizen wiki.
There is a page about contributing to IVI:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/How_to_contribute_to_Tizen_IVI

In the same time I am trying to setup a page with the exact steps for
contributing code to meta-tizen and tizen-distro:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/How_to_contribute_to_Tizen_on_Yocto_Project

In my opinion it is vital to have the exact steps in Tizen wiki if we
want to attract more community contributors to the Tizen project.

Best regards,
Leon

--
Leon Anavi