[Dev] Tizen Common is back

Maciej Wereski m.wereski at partner.samsung.com
Tue Nov 17 13:29:35 GMT 2015

Dear List!

As some of you noticed lately we have been working on bringing Common back to
life. To do this we had to (unfortunately) break few packages, which resulted
in image build failures.

I am happy to announce that this situation in now over and there are all
images available again (starting with 20151111.1 snapshot). Few issues still
remain, but these are not critical and need more time to be resolved.

Few facts about latest snapshots:
- commits are aligned with M1 release (except few repositories in which we had
to fix building)
- buxton was replaced with buxton2
- vconf, usb-server, {evas,emotion}-examples were removed

Now we'll be working on fixing remaining bugs and incorporating more missing
components into Common. Next big step is crosswalk to crosswalk-tizen
transition. We also plan further synchronization with other profiles to catch
up. After every repo is in fresh state we'll enable submissions to Common with
submit/tizen/xxx tag.

If you have any questions (or you're a developer of a project which doesn't
build or isn't included in Common) do not hesitate to contact me.

cheers,
--
Maciej Wereski
m.wereski at partner.samsung.com