[Dev] Tizen Common is back

Maciej Wereski m.wereski at partner.samsung.com
Wed Nov 18 12:10:40 GMT 2015

Dnia wtorek, 17 listopada 2015 10:24:39 Bob Summerwill pisze:
> So following that TINF-1074 bug brought me to these delightful URLs:
>
> https://github.com/crosswalk-project/crosswalk-tizen
>
> https://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/mobile/latest/images/arm-wayland/
> (includes images for RD-PQ, Odroid-U3, Note 4 and TM1)
>
> https://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/tv/latest/images/arm-wayland/
> (includes images for Odroid-U3, Odroid-XU3)
>
> Does "boot" versus "wayland" indicate that on that platform the image will
> only boot to a shell, rather than a GUI?

No, boot images contain u-boot and kernel, while wayland contains userland.

> https://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/wearable/latest/images/
> (includes image for X11)
>
> Are these the images which your team is building?

Current Common release is synchronized with M1, which you can find here:
<http://download.tizen.org/releases/milestone/tizen/tv-3.0.m1/>
<http://download.tizen.org/releases/milestone/tizen/mobile-3.0.m1/>

> Given that I have an RD-PQ, and Odroid (XU4) and TM1, and Gear 2, Gear S
> and Gear S2, it is possible for me to use these images?     Are you going
> to be updating the Wiki accordingly?   Where are the best instructions as
> of now?   Thanks!

That depends on profile. When it comes for Common, current snapshots were
tested on: Odroid U3/XU3, VTC1010 and emulator. We're still completing
hardware for our testlab, so that's not all. Quite accurate list can be found
on wiki: <https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Common#Reference_Hardware>
We'll update wiki if there will be any changes.