[Dev] Differences between open-ivi-core image and tizen-ivi-core image?

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Tue Oct 13 09:27:00 GMT 2015

Hi Ray,

On 13.10.2015 12:13, RayBloodworth wrote:
>  Hi, Leon
>
>     I'm trying to build tizen-ivi image with yocto.
>     According to "https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/HummingBoard", the
> open-ivi-core image can be built.
>     Then I build tizen-ivi-core image according to
> "https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Building_Tizen_IVI_for_Freescale_i.MX6"
> and found some differences.

This article is deprecated. Please stick to the instructions for
building Tizen 3 using Yocto/OE for Freescale i.MX6 provided here:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/HummingBoard#Building_Tizen:Common_with_Yocto

If you are building Tizen for a device different from HummingBoard or
Cubox-i, please set the appropriate machine at conf/local.conf.

You can also find useful information at my slides from Tizen Developer
Conference 2015:
http://www.slideshare.net/leonanavi/creating-new-tizen-profiles-using-the-yocto-project

>     Could you give me any advices about differences between
> open-ivi-core image and tizen-ivi-core image?

Yes, there are some differences. I created images open-ivi-core and
open-ivi-hmi as part of my work at Konsulko Group. Recipe open-ivi-core
extends Tizen:Common by adding some packages that we need for IVI.
Recipe open-ivi-hmi extends open-ivi-core and includes HTML5
applications from the Automotive Grade Linux application suite.

Best regards,
Leon

>      Thanks!
> BR,