[Dev] Build error about tizen on yocto when building ico image

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Tue Oct 20 10:26:55 GMT 2015

Hi Ray,

On 20.10.2015 13:21, RayBloodworth wrote:
> Hi, Leon
>
>     Thank you!
>     This error has been solved in your advice.

OK, you are welcome :)

>     Now, I got another problem and find that was caused by systemd
> package. Some packages named [package name]-native require systemd
> items in /sysroot/x86_64-linux/ .
>
>     There are two systemd.bb file :
> /home/compile/yocto/imx6qsabresd-ivi/dizzy/tizen-distro/meta/recipes-core/systemd
> /home/compile/yocto/imx6qsabresd-ivi/dizzy/tizen-distro/meta-tizen/meta-tizen-common-base/recipes-core/systemd
>
>      First one would be built by default. How to config files so that
> the second one could be built by default ?

I am not exactly sure what is the problem in this case. I guess that the
logs can reveal more details.

As I have described in the Tizen wiki article about building an image
for HummingBoard with Yocto/OE, you should include the following
instructions at conf/local.conf to use systemd on i.MX6 devices:

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = ""

Best regards,
Leon

--