[Dev] Build error about tizen on yocto when building ico image

RayBloodworth k870818319 at outlook.com
Tue Oct 20 10:48:13 GMT 2015

Hi, Leon
> I am not exactly sure what is the problem in this case. I guess that the logs can reveal more details. >
>As I have described in the Tizen wiki article about building an image for HummingBoard with Yocto/OE, you >should include the following instructions at conf/local.conf to use systemd on i.MX6 devices:
   errorlog.zip is the logs about these packages.(dlog-native, app-checker-native and privacy-manager-server-native). I think all of these packages lack of systemd-native, and systemd-native could provided by "tizen-distro/meta-tizen/meta-tizen-common-base/recipes-core/systemd/systemd_git.bb".
>DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd">VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
>DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"
>VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = ""
    This config has been applied in local.conf. These errors still exist.

BR,Ray
Subject: Re: Build error about tizen on yocto when building ico image
To: k870818319 at outlook.com
CC: dev at lists.tizen.org; ivi at lists.tizen.org
From: leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:26:55 +0300

    Hi Ray,

    On 20.10.2015 13:21, RayBloodworth
      wrote:

        Hi, Leon

            Thank you!
            This error has been solved in your advice.

    OK, you are welcome :)

            Now, I got another problem and find that was caused by
          systemd package. Some packages named [package name]-native
          require systemd items in /sysroot/x86_64-linux/ .

            There are two systemd.bb file :

          /home/compile/yocto/imx6qsabresd-ivi/dizzy/tizen-distro/meta/recipes-core/systemd
          /home/compile/yocto/imx6qsabresd-ivi/dizzy/tizen-distro/meta-tizen/meta-tizen-common-base/recipes-core/systemd

             First one would be built by default. How to config
          files so that the second one could be built by default ?

    I am not exactly sure what is the problem in this case. I guess that
    the logs can reveal more details.

    As I have described in the Tizen wiki article about building an
    image for HummingBoard with Yocto/OE, you should include the
    following instructions at conf/local.conf to use systemd on i.MX6
    devices:

    DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"

    VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"

    DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"

    VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = ""

    Best regards,

    Leon

        Thanks!

        BR,
        Ray

          Subject: Re: Build error about tizen on
          yocto when building ico image

          To: k870818319 at outlook.com

          CC: dev at lists.tizen.org; ivi at lists.tizen.org

          From: leon.anavi at konsulko.com

          Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:46:23 +0300

          Hi Ray,

          On 20.10.2015 09:17,
            RayBloodworth wrote:

                        Hi, Leon

                              I have built tizen-core-image-dev
                            with tizen on yocto successfully.
                              But some errors occured when building
                            tizen-ivi-ico-image-dev:

                            bitbake tizen-ivi-ico-image-dev
                              |###########################################|
                              ETA:  00:00:00
                            Loaded 2517 entries from dependency
                              cache.
                            Parsing recipes: 100%
                              |#########################################|
                              Time: 00:00:00
                            Parsing of 1836 .bb files complete
                              (1835 cached, 1 parsed). 2515 targets, 180
                              skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
                            NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue
                              dependencies
                            ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'glibc-native'
                              (but
                              virtual:native:/home/compile/yocto/imx6qsabresd-ivi/dizzy/tizen-distro/meta-tizen/meta-tizen-common-base/recipes-framework/notification/notification_git.bb

                              RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
                            NOTE: Runtime target 'glibc-native' is
                              unbuildable, removing...
                            Missing or unbuildable dependency chain
                              was: ['glibc-native']
                            NOTE: Runtime target
                              'ico-uxf-homescreen' is unbuildable,
                              removing...
                            Missing or unbuildable dependency chain
                              was: ['ico-uxf-homescreen',
                              'pkgmgr-native', 'notification-native',
                              'glibc-native']
                            NOTE: Runtime target
                              'packagegroup-tizen-ivi-ico' is
                              unbuildable, removing...
                            Missing or unbuildable dependency chain
                              was: ['packagegroup-tizen-ivi-ico',
                              'ico-uxf-homescreen', 'pkgmgr-native',
                              'notification-native', 'glibc-native']
                            ERROR: Required build target
                              'tizen-ivi-ico-image-dev' has no buildable
                              providers.
                            Missing or unbuildable dependency chain
                              was: ['tizen-ivi-ico-image-dev',
                              'packagegroup-tizen-ivi-ico',
                              'ico-uxf-homescreen', 'pkgmgr-native',
                              'notification-native', 'glibc-native']

                              shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

                             Could you give me any advices?

          According to the log there is a runtime dependency issue
          coming from glibc-native. I guess these dependency issues are
          coming from the automatic generation of Yocto recipes from the
          spec files for GBS. May be you will be able to fix it with
          something like:

          RDEPENDS_${PN}_remove_class-native = "glibc-native"

          Btw you can browse the existing recipes in meta-tizen for
          examples.

          Best regards,

          Leon

                          BR,