[Dev] Build error about tizen on yocto when building ico image

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Tue Oct 20 11:09:52 GMT 2015

Hi Ray,

On 20.10.2015 13:48, RayBloodworth wrote:
> Hi, Leon
>
> > I am not exactly sure what is the problem in this case. I guess that
> the logs can reveal more details.
> >
> >As I have described in the Tizen wiki article about building an image
> for HummingBoard with Yocto/OE, you >should include the following
> instructions at conf/local.conf to use systemd on i.MX6 devices:
>
>    errorlog.zip is the logs about these packages.(dlog-native,
> app-checker-native and privacy-manager-server-native). I think all of
> these packages lack of systemd-native, and systemd-native could
> provided by
> "tizen-distro/meta-tizen/meta-tizen-common-base/recipes-core/systemd/systemd_git.bb".

I am not sure about that. According to the logs privacy-manager fails
because system_info.h is missing, dlog fails because it cannot find
systemd-journal library and there are undefined references in the log
for app-checker. Bitbake command devshell might help you debug and fix
these issues. Please have a look at Yocto Project documentation for details:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#platdev-appdev-devshell

Btw, as I told you before, I don't think that branch tizen-ivi is in
good shape. In my opinion you should work with branch tizen (aka the one
for Tizen:Common) and provide the additional packages needed for your
case as Yocto/OE meta layer. I have already done something similar with
meta-open-ivi which provides AGL application suite and some other
packages on top of Tizen:Common. You can have a look at meta-open-ivi at
the GitHub repositories of Konsulko Group:
https://github.com/konsulko/tizen-distro/tree/master/meta-tizen/meta-open-ivi

Best regards,
Leon

--