[Dev] LXC support in Tizen

Jan Olszak j.olszak at samsung.com
Mon Oct 26 12:26:07 GMT 2015

Hi there!
Indeed we're developing Vasum to provide "graphical" Linux containers
for Tizen (or any other Linux distribution).
It has a rich C/Dbus API and uses LXC under the hood.

The problem with Docker, LXD, libvirt is that they concentrate on the
server use case. So as long as you are OK with that I guess you can use
them without a problem. All needed kernel features are switched on.

On Tizen we have "apps" that have "permissions" enforced by Cynara. This
complicates the installation process.
- Security Manager had to integrate with Vasum (master-slave mode) to
enable app installation inside containers.
- "Smack namespaces" are pending integration to the kernel. Every
container will have a separate label mapping.

Currently we're working on:
- replacing LXC with our lxcpp library
- integrating with Wayland
- conforming to the Open Container Initiative

Some links:
- Wiki: https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Security:Vasum
- Github: https://github.com/Samsung/vasum
- Documentation: http://samsung.github.io/vasum/