[Dev] Kernel build instructions, please?

Bob Summerwill bob at summerwill.net
Thu Oct 29 20:30:22 GMT 2015

Greetings!

I have obtained kernel source code for my Gear S2 from
opensource.samsung.com.

Snippet of info from Samsung ... "The source code of the published part is
the same as R720XXU2AOJ3 in the R720XXU2AOJ5 version."

** So how do I build it? **

The defconfig file to use is not documented.

I'm going to want to go through this same process for the Gear S2, Z1 and
Z3 (I have all these devices).

See https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Porting_Guide.   Please can this guide be
updated to reflect the actual hardware on the market?

NOTE - I am only interested in Tizen 2.x builds right now.   I have seen
lots of detailed information on Tizen 3.x builds.   That is not what I am
looking for.  Thanks!

bob at summerwill.net