[Dev] toolchain build error with Yocto

Mats Wichmann mats at osg.samsung.com
Sun Sep 6 22:18:29 GMT 2015

On 09/06/15 05:46, Nara, Kazufumi wrote:
> Hello Leon,
> Thank you for quick response and information.
>
>> but I have used Tizen IVI SDK to create and deploy applications
>
> My project is trying develop a small platform based on Tizen IVI,
> and the developers that develop software on the platform
> will use gcc and qmake for native middleware and Qt application.
>
> So, I think that toolchain that is created by yocto is best SDK.

for building "apps" - things that are going to get installed
aftermarket, rather than as part of the device image, the Tizen SDK is
the better choice.  It's not entirely clear from the above which one you
want.

I've had luck building the tizen-common set, including the cross-build
environment naturally, using the yocto setup for tizen common (not ivi
specifically, but they should not differ in this area).  So I would
expect you should be able to get this to work eventually.  It's worth
noting that the yocto build stuff is out of date and not officially
maintained at the moment, if you need pieces from "CAPI" (the native C
API that has functions for checking on and programming to features of
the device), you may run into shortcomings in this area.

Your error message looks rather unexpected... I didn't think anything in
the platform/sdk build tried to use smart, though I have no actual
evidence that it doesn't.