[Dev] H/W acceleration and OpenGL related changes

Shahul Ahamed Shaik shahulahamed.shaik at incubesol.com
Mon Jan 4 13:37:56 GMT 2016

Hi,

I was trying to enable H/W acceleration on a custom board. I have the S/W based version up and running and now I am trying to understand the changes required for H/W acceleration. Can you please let me know the answers to the following question or any links/documents that would help me with this task.

1. Is DRM compulsory to enable HW acceleration or can we use framebuffer?
2. How does EVAS determine weather to use S/W rendering or H/W rendering?
3. Is there a refrence code for OpenGL's H/W specific code for ARM or emulator?

Regards,
sk shahul.