[Dev] "How to deploy to Gear S2 smartwatch"

Bob Summerwill bob at summerwill.net
Tue Jan 19 18:56:39 GMT 2016

UPDATE:   I've since tested my Gear S2 on other Wifi networks and had
better results.

So my conclusion is that the Gear S2 suffers *really badly* under adverse
network conditions.   In good network conditions it is fine, though OH SO
SLOW to deploy and debug even the simplest applications (often multiple
minutes to launch a debugging session).

In bad network conditions, SDB is utterly dreadful.    Not sure if the
issue is at the SDB level, or at the transport layer, but the SDB
connection just gets lost, and does not recover.   You need to manually
close the "dead connection", often restart the WiFi connection and then
re-establish the SDB connection.

bob at summerwill.net