[Dev] Request to update Pulseaudio to version 6.0 or newer

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Fri Jan 22 14:29:20 GMT 2016

Hi Jonghyuk Choi, Jaska Uimonen,

I am bothering you because according to the information I found out in
Gerrit you are maintaining pulseaudio in Tizen.

I noticed that Pulseaudio in Tizen:Common and other Tizen 3 profiles is
stuck to version 5.0. It is recommended to update it to 6.0 or newer
because there are a lot of changes related to BlueZ 5, support of
Bluetooth profiles and other improvements. Details are available at
pulseaudio 6.0 release notes:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Notes/6.0/

Yesterday the topic was discussed at the IRC channel and I was told that
pulseaudio has very low priority as of now in Tizen Common. Despite
this, in my opnion it is important to keep it up to date. Are there any
plans for updating Pulseaudio in near future?

Btw I tried to report this task at JIRA but unfortunately, as I said at
the other mailing list thread, I was unable due to "Error creating
issue: Indexing completed with 3 errors".

Best regards,
Leon

--
Leon Anavi