[Dev] Building tizen common 3.0 for x86

Sayan Dasgupta Sayan.Dasgupta at mindtree.com
Wed Jun 29 07:47:26 GMT 2016

Hello all,

For the past few days I have been trying to build Tizen common 3.0 for x86 platform(Desktop and laptops). My aim was to build the entire Tizen common 3.0 source code, and flash the image on to USB device, and then boot the TIZEN os from it in x86 platform (Desktop/laptop).

We followed the steps as mentioned in https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/getting-started-guide/cloning-tizen-source for downloading the code base. After doing a repo init we found that the common.xml which was downloaded was pointing to the branch "accepted/tizen_common". As a result when we did a repo sync, all the packages got downloaded from the mentioned branch.

But the build failed :
1)due to rpm build issues : this are basically make errors, which when we investigated found the code was inconsistent ranging from parameter mismatch, re-declarations to undefined structure member id .
2)dependency issues: these errors where basically due to package missing or .so missing. We are suspecting the remote repo url which we are providing in the .gbs.config has a version mismatch with the rpms that are locally being built.

Can you mention a stable branch from which we can download the source code  and mention its corresponding 'remote repo url' so that we can successfully built and run tizen common on x86(desktops and laptops).

I have attached the files which have been mentioned above, the final build status & one of the package building failure log.

Regards,
Sayan Dasgupta.
Engineer,
Mindtree LTD,