[Dev] Building tizen common 3.0 for x86

Maciej Wereski m.wereski at partner.samsung.com
Wed Jun 29 13:32:30 GMT 2016

Hello,

Dnia środa, 29 czerwca 2016 07:47:26 Sayan Dasgupta pisze:
> Hello all,
>
> For the past few days I have been trying to build Tizen common 3.0 for x86
> platform(Desktop and laptops). My aim was to build the entire Tizen common
> 3.0 source code, and flash the image on to USB device, and then boot the
> TIZEN os from it in x86 platform (Desktop/laptop).
>
> We followed the steps as mentioned in
> https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/getting-started-guid
> e/cloning-tizen-source for downloading the code base. After doing a repo
> init we found that the common.xml which was downloaded was pointing to the
> branch "accepted/tizen_common". As a result when we did a repo sync, all
> the packages got downloaded from the mentioned branch.

These xml files are provided by scm/manifest repository, which is unfortunately
outdated. The build fails, because of few reasons:
1. there are new repositories, which were not added to scm/manifest
2. there is new RPM repository (Tizen Base), which is used by all profiles -
there is no information about Tizen Base packages in other profiles
3. some packages were moved (so git paths in manifests are invalid)

Fortunately I think it should be possible to workaround this issue. You will
find similar manifests published in every snapshot on every profile. I've
attached little script which you can use to merge both Base and Common
manifests. Usage:
./manifest-merge.sh base.xml common.xml common > projects.xml

Manifest for Base is here:
<http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/base/latest/builddata/manifest/>

for Common:
<http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/builddata/manifest/>

There are 2 problems we are aware of:
- mdnsresponer git path was changed, this change will be reflected in next
snapshot, so please check if path is platform/upstream/mdnsresponder
- model-config-xu3 git path was also changed - please delete this line.

HTH.

> But the build failed :
> 1)due to rpm build issues : this are basically make errors, which when we
> investigated found the code was inconsistent ranging from parameter
> mismatch, re-declarations to undefined structure member id . 2)dependency
> issues: these errors where basically due to package missing or .so missing.
> We are suspecting the remote repo url which we are providing in the
> .gbs.config has a version mismatch with the rpms that are locally being
> built.
>
> Can you mention a stable branch from which we can download the source code
> and mention its corresponding 'remote repo url' so that we can successfully
> built and run tizen common on x86(desktops and laptops).
>
> I have attached the files which have been mentioned above, the final build
> status & one of the package building failure log.
>
> Regards,
> Sayan Dasgupta.
> Engineer,
> Mindtree LTD,