[Dev] Building tizen common 3.0 for x86

Sayan Dasgupta Sayan.Dasgupta at mindtree.com
Thu Jun 30 07:16:27 GMT 2016

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for the information. As you said we merged the common and base manifest files to get the project manifest file.

Before starting the source code download, wanted clarification on certain points :

1)For doing a repo init shall we use the same url i.e.

repo init -u https://<Username>:<HTTPS_Password>@review.tizen.org/gerrit/p/scm/manifest -b tizen -m common.xml

2) if yes, then our understanding is you want us to replace the 'project.xml'  file mentioned in the 'common.xml' file with the merged 'project.xml' file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<include name="_remote.xml" />
<default revision="accepted/tizen_common"
                                      remote="tizen-gerrit"
                                      sync-j="4" />
  <include name="common/metadata.xml" />
  <include name="common/prebuilt.xml" />
  <include name="common/projects.xml" /> ****replace this file*****
 </manifest>

3)the _remote.xml remains same,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <manifest>
     <remote name="tizen-gerrit"
             fetch="https://talewad:KIhf6n7+i2aMATzyhIWrKjUoFu9nTKPlqEV99d3nwA@review.tizen.org/gerrit/p"
             review="https://review.tizen.org/gerrit"/>
   </manifest>

4)Then do a repo sync to get the updated code base.

5)After the entire source code gets syncd, we will use " http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/base/latest/repos/x86_64/packages/x86_64/"
url as the remote repo url in .gbs.config file to successfully get the source code built(resolving dependencies).

Please comment on whether our understanding is right or do we have to make further changes in common.xml & _remote.xml.

We have attached the following files for your reference :
1)common.xml
2)_remo.xml
3)merged 'project.xml' after running the shell command given by you.

Regards,
Hello,
Sayan Dasgupta.
Engineer,