[Dev] Building tizen common 3.0 for x86

Maciej Wereski m.wereski at partner.samsung.com
Thu Jun 30 09:25:12 GMT 2016

Hello,

Dnia czwartek, 30 czerwca 2016 07:16:27 Sayan Dasgupta pisze:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> Thanks for the information. As you said we merged the common and base
> manifest files to get the project manifest file.

> Before starting the source code download, wanted clarification on certain
> points :

> 1)For doing a repo init shall we use the same url i.e.
>
> repo init -u
> https://<Username>:<HTTPS_Password>@review.tizen.org/gerrit/p/scm/manifest
> -b tizen -m common.xml

> 2) if yes, then our understanding is you want us to replace the
> 'project.xml'  file mentioned in the 'common.xml' file with the merged
> 'project.xml' file

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <manifest>
> <include name="_remote.xml" />
> <default revision="accepted/tizen_common"
>                                       remote="tizen-gerrit"
>                                       sync-j="4" />
>   <include name="common/metadata.xml" />
>   <include name="common/prebuilt.xml" />
>   <include name="common/projects.xml" /> ****replace this file*****
>  </manifest>

Yes, that's correct.

> 3)the _remote.xml remains same,
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>   <manifest>
>      <remote name="tizen-gerrit"
>
> fetch="https://talewad:KIhf6n7+i2aMATzyhIWrKjUoFu9nTKPlqEV99d3nwA@review.ti
> zen.org/gerrit/p"
> review="https://review.tizen.org/gerrit"/>
>    </manifest>
>
> 4)Then do a repo sync to get the updated code base.
>
> 5)After the entire source code gets syncd, we will use "
> http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/base/latest/repos/x86_64/packages
> /x86_64/"
 > url as the remote repo url in .gbs.config file to successfully
> get the source code built(resolving dependencies).

This is additional repo, so you should use both Base and Common repos.

> Please comment on whether our understanding is right or do we have to make
> further changes in common.xml & _remote.xml.

> We have attached the following files for your reference :
> 1)common.xml
> 2)_remo.xml
> 3)merged 'project.xml' after running the shell command given by you.

That's correct. In the attached file you will have to remove 2 lines:
- line with model-config-xu3
- somewhere in the middle you'll find:
</manifest><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

> [cut]

Some people were reporting problems when building with more then 1 thread[1]
[2]. If you encounter such problems, then try building without setting thread
option to more then 1.

[1] <https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/general/2016-May/003851.html>
[2] <https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/general/2016-May/003859.html>

regards,