[Dev] Tizen common profile porting on new h/w

PINTU KUMAR pintu_agarwal at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 03:31:21 GMT 2016

Hi,

I wanted to port Tizen platform in one of the ARM based open hardware such as BeagleBone, Raspberry Pi.
So, I thought, I will start with the Tizen 3.0 common profile and create my own custom profile.

But, when I see, in http://download.tizen.org/ there are so many Tizen images available.
I am really confused which one to choose. There is no clear documentation which explains about it.

So, I tried one of the images from:
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/images/arm-wayland/
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/images/arm-wayland/common-wayland-3parts-armv7l-odroidu3/ (tizen-common_20160309.1_common-wayland-3parts-armv7l-odroidu3.tar.gz)

Because, I just need the rootfs.img, system-data.img, user.img  (only the Tizen platform).
I already have my own boot loader and Linux Kernel  (Raspberry Pi).

Now, my questions are as follows:

1) Am I using the correct image to create a new profile? Will it work for me?

2) When I try to boot the image on Raspberry Pi, I am not able to get the Login prompt on my virtual terminal (tty1).
    Please let me know what changes are required to get the login prompt?

Note: I have made the required changes in Kernel (as per Tizen) but disabled DRM (as I am not interested in Display).
        Like, I have already enabled SMACK in kernel.

3) If I am not using the correct image, please point me to the right image, to start with.

Regards,
Pintu