[Dev] Fwd: Re: Re: Tizen common profile porting on new h/w

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Thu Mar 10 13:11:35 GMT 2016

Hi Pintu,

On 10.03.2016 14:49, PINTU KUMAR wrote:
> Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle
>
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I think information about, building from common profile is useful and
> that is what I am looking for.
>
> I will try that. But, I want to retain the PI2 boot loader and kernel
> as it is, and just create partition for Tizen platform.

I am confused. In your previous email you wrote that you "wanted to
build PI2 kernel separately".

> Hope, I can do that, with the following image, and get the login
> prompt on virtual terminal easily.
>
> http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/images/arm-wayland/common-wayland-2parts-armv7l/
>
> I will give it a try.

Yes, in general this image should also work, especially if you are not
interested in running Wayland & Weston. But why are you insisting to use
pre-built images that are not adapted for Raspberry Pi 2?

You have a working pre-built Tizen Common image for Raspberry Pi
provided by Samsung OSG. It has a bootloader, Linux kernel and a
partition with the Tizen user space. All you need to do is to flash it
on microSD card, disable display-manager-run service (because you don't
want Weston) and you will be good to go.

> About this:
>
> >OK, this is easy. Disable systemd service display-manager-run.service
> and Weston will not be launched.
>
> Please let me know, how to disable display-manager, directly from the
> SD card partition.
>
> Is there a symbolic link, so that I can just delete it from SD card?

Yes, this is a standard behavior of systemd. If you don't want to use
"systemctl disable" you should be able remove the symbolic link manually
from the pre-built image. Check systemd documentation for details.

Best regards, Leon