[Dev] How can I make Native Application on Tizen TV?

Philippe Coval philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 08:49:06 GMT 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:00 AM, Carsten Haitzler <c.haitzler at samsung.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 02:31:42 +0900
> Baek Seung Hoon <seung51hoon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, Everyone.
> >
> > I want to make native application on Tizen TV, version 2.4.
> > I'm working on a making transition screen using GLES with image
> > textures, and in order to show transition effects, used Shader codes.

Can WebGL help ?  ,
but maybe you want your software to work at the platform level (along
homescreen ?)
and not a single app

> > As you know that Tizen TV SDK couldn't support any native
> > application, only support web.

I never tried but maybe NACL could worth to be considered,
If you program does intensive processing
I donno about alternative tech like WebAssembly or asm.js

> > However I think that If I use RPM manager and following "packaing
> > rules" for Tizen app, It may possible create native application.
>
> On developement platform maybe not products

> > Those are just my assumption, is it possible.. ?

As proof of concept,
You can try to login emulator and deploy your RPM

> >  or How can I make native app on Tizen TV..?

Try Tizen:3.0:Tv profile if you want to go further in this direction
I think the only supported device are exynos odroids

> > Thank you for your attention
> > Seunghoon, Baek
>
> no - you cant make native apps for tizen tv's. web only. only oem can
> make native apps (and any partners they allow).

with extra partners API I assume, that's interesting...

Regards