[Dev] Regarding Tizen Emulator on Windows 10 Guest OS of Hyper-V

Mats Wichmann mats at osg.samsung.com
Tue Nov 15 14:57:50 GMT 2016

On 11/15/2016 05:04 AM, 이종수 wrote:
> Dear whom it may concern!
>

> Hi there~
>
> I have a problem regarding installation of Tizen emulator.
>
> We are developing software in the Virtual machine which is Microsoft Hyper-V for security reason.
>
> However, we are starting to work Tizen for now, and we have had tried to install Tizen emulator on Windows 10 which is on Hyper-V.
>
> It works only I turn off the CPU VT and GPU Off.
>
> It works very slowly and not works properly.
>
> I’m wondering if there is a solution or suggestion?.
>
> Please tell us your knowledge or opinion!
>
> I’m looking forward to waiting your response!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jongsu

The Tizen emulator uses the Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (or HAXM) to get some performance.  It is incompatible with Hyper-V, in that both try to grab the processor's virtualization capabilities, and that access is exclusive.  You need to turn off Hyper-V to get acceleration to work for the Tizen emulator.  This is actually the same issue as for Android development on Windows, you need HAXM there as well.

THere are some notes here from the Android viewpoint, I'm not sure if there is a similar page on the Tizen developer site (I'm lazy, didn't hunt for it):

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/getting_started/installation/accelerating_android_emulators/