[Dev] NodeJS on Samsung gear

Philippe Coval philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:42:03 GMT 2016

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 6:46 AM, Robin Wertz <robin.wertz at clausohm.de>
wrote:

> Good Morning Tizen Developer,
>
> it is possible to install nodeJs on a samsung gear s2 classic ? if i will
> install, then i dont have a root user authentification and on the gear it
> is not possible to authentificated without a hack to gear. Have anywhere
> install nodejs on a samsung gear s2 ??
>
> thanks

Hi,
If it's not as system package, you need to embedded this in an application,

I've done this trick recently with openssh and terminology terminal,
https://github.com/voronaam/Terminal3/issues/3

If you want to try something (almost) ready for wearable, try to run
ekzekuto on your S2
https://github.com/rzr/ekzekuto/tree/wearable-2.3.1
unpack your RPM to lib, and adapt UI if needed  (Pull request welcome)

In theory it should run, keep me updated.

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/User:Pcoval