[Dev] seriously ...

Philippe Coval philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:36:52 GMT 2016

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Carsten Haitzler <c.haitzler at samsung.com>
wrote:

> I could do this quietly... but I'm choosing not to for maximum effect:
>
> Seriosuly:
>
> https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/61462/11
>
> "Let's remove 700,000 lines of code or so just because we like to".

Hi,

Poor committer, it has to be one and you're the unlucky one.

Anyway I second Carten remarks, a such change should be tracked at least
and eventually shared to upstream before merging it.

I am not in position to say what should be done, but just proposing a
workflow for smooth cooperation upstream and downstream side, and avoid
confusion  like this 700k LOC "cleanup".

So let me share a document that explain how to cooperate with upstream
projects :

http://www.slideshare.net/rzrfreefr/tizen-upstreamcooptdc2014pcoval

But I think the issue is more related to our current governance model, some
strategies regarding tizen.org codebase are not visible to all, so It's not
easy to predict what is on roadmaps.

Maybe we should use more the bugtracker and refer to it in commit message,
that way discussion could happen before it is merged, and it will be
benefit for all.

Regards

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/User:Pcoval