[Dev] 27000 errors in the Tizen operating system

Andrey Karpov karpov at viva64.com
Thu Jul 13 11:26:35 UTC 2017

Hello All,

This article will demonstrate that during the development of large
projects static analysis is not just a useful, but a completely
necessary part of the development process. This article is the first one
in a series of posts, devoted to the ability to use PVS-Studio static
analyzer to improve the quality and reliability of the Tizen operating
system. For a start, I checked a small part of the code of the operating
system (3.3%) and noted down about 900 warnings pointing to real errors.
If we extrapolate the results, we will see that our team is able to
detect and fix about 27000 errors in Tizen. Using the results of the
conducted study, I made a presentation for the demonstration to the
Samsung representatives with the offers about possible cooperation. The
meeting was postponed, that is why I decided not to waste time and
transform the material of the presentation to an article:
https://www.viva64.com/en/b/0519/

----
Best regards,
Andrey Karpov, Microsoft MVP,