[Dev] How to contribute code to tizen

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Thu Jun 8 15:45:06 UTC 2017

Hi Pintu,

On 8.06.2017 17:54, PINTU KUMAR wrote:
> Dear Dev list,
>
> Now we could able to make both BT and Wi-Fi server working on Raspberry Pi 2
> (with Tizen 3.0 common profile).
> Now we could able to communicate with Tizen mobile app client using both BT &
> Wi-Fi.
> For BT we have used HC 05 module on raspberry pi.
> Now our robot could able to respond to our commands (from Tizen mobile) and take
> some action.
>
> The server code is written using normal C & Linux which can work on any Linux
> based system.
> We think that this code can be helpful for others who wants to experiment and
> derive more use cases.
> These code can be used as a base code and for reference.
> The server code is build using the GBS package and it can generate rpm which can
> be installed on raspberry pi.
>
> Please let us know how to contribute this base code to Tizen open source repo,
> under review.tizen.org.

Please have a look at the documentation and follow the steps as
described here:
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/getting-started-guide/contributing-code-tizen

A couple of years Phil Coval did a talk at Tizen Developer Conference
and a webinar to show the development process and the upstream
contributions work flow:
https://developer.tizen.org/development/articles/contributing-tizen-community

Last but not least, if you want to contribute to "Tizen on Yocto" read
the article in Tizen wiki:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/How_to_contribute_to_Tizen_on_Yocto_Project

Best regards,
Leon

> Thanks,
> Pintu

>>> application?redirect=https://developer.tizen.org/dev-
>>> guide/3.0.0/org.tizen.native.mobile.apireference/group__Ecore__Con__Gr
>>> oup.html
>>>
>>> https://developer.tizen.org/development/api-references/native-
>>> application?redirect=https://developer.tizen.org/dev-
>>> guide/3.0.0/org.tizen.native.mobile.apireference/group__Ecore__IPC__Gr
>>> oup.html
>>>
>>> this will integrate into the mainloop and make communications async.
>>> it also will handle optional ssl transport encryption for you (so you
>>> don't have to do that by hand with regular unix/bsd sockets). it'll
>>> also handle async dns lookups for you. they both allow you to set up
>>> servers and clients 9connect to a server). but these are just like
>>> your sockets code - they dont determine the connection mechanism (wifi,
>> 3g/gsm/lte, bt net, usbnet, ethernet etc.).

Leon Anavi
Software Engineer
konsulko.com