[Dev] FW: Tizen 3.0 common wifi socket client-server communication

PINTU KUMAR pintu.k at samsung.com
Thu May 25 16:08:25 UTC 2017

Hi Philippe,

Thank you very much for your help.

Actually, our requirement is very simple.

We want to send some data {R,G,B} from client (Tizen App on Mobile) to server (normal TCP server on Raspberry Pi) using TCP/IP socket over Wi-Fi network.

Both the devices will be connected to same AP.

Then based on the command, server to take some action.

Like:

If ‘R’ is received => Pi will glow RED LED.

If ‘G’ is received => Pi will glow GREEN LED.

Now to develop TCP client application (GUI using Tizen 2.4 profile on Z2/Z3) using Tizen API, we need some help and reference.

Tizen App will have 3 buttons {RED, GREEN, BLUE}.

We are able to establish connection, but we could not find any API to send/receive the data over Wi-Fi.

I hope it is clear now.

If you have any reference or suggestion, please let us know.

Thanks,

Pintu