[Dev] Tizen 3.0 common bluetooth client-server communication

이찬 (Chan Lee) chan45.lee at samsung.com
Fri May 26 01:07:34 UTC 2017

Dear Pintu,

There were several reasons why x86 support was removed as you can see in my previous email : https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/2016-December/007214.html

I’ve copied them and commented current status with ‘==>’

1. dotnet requirement

- They must use x86_64 qemu / accel to build their some packages such as coreclr

==> There is no dotnet toolchain for x86 or arm yet
So even if you build your package for armv7l target you have to use 64bit build env.

2. 64bit target requirement

- It is necessary to use x86_64 qemu / accel for 64bit target.

==> TM2 is the mobile reference board using 64bit architecture. (refer to https://wiki.tizen.org/ReferenceDevices)

3. Toolchain development

- It’s hard to manage memory with i586 qemu / accel because Some toolchain technology such as LTO, Sanitizer family development

needs large memory.

4. chromium-efl build failure

- Same as 3). because sometimes it needs large memory to build.

Using appropriate build env couldn’t resolve above issues.

32bit machine user couldn’t build dotnet related ones and couldn’t build their package for aarch64 target and so on...

Your second suggestion, creating a sample gbs.conf by itself based on profile selection, may make sense to me.

I’ll talk with build team. :)

Thanks,

Chan Lee