[General] webOS to be open sourced

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 16:41:37 GMT 2011

Brent Woodruff asks:
> Are the leaders of the Tizen project interested in collaborating or joining up with webOS?

WebOS is just a proprietary window manager on top of a plain Linux
stack.    The source of the intense interest in it remains a mystery.
 Samsung, one of the main partners in Tizen, already employs
Rasterman, the developer of Enlightenment, which I'm sure is
technically superior.    Why would anyone care about WebOS?    What
part of the newly open-sourced codebase is useful?

Note that I am not a "leader of the Tizen project" by the way.

--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)