[General] What is the scope of Tizen?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Thu Sep 29 16:34:07 GMT 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:22:10 +0300 Ioan Calin Borcoman <iborco at gmail.com> said:

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 19:17, Carsten Haitzler <tizen at rasterman.com> wrote:
> > for native, tizen uses EFL ( http://www.enlightenment.org ). EFL does not
> > preclude the ability to have an use other toolkits/libraries. the EFL API
> > is a C API. please note than tizen is a merge between samsung limo4/slp and
> > meego work, not simply a "let's take meego and give it a new name". both
> > partners bring something to the table to make tizen happen. :)
>
> can we quote this? till now it wasn't official that efl is the native api.

well if efl isn't the native api for a large part of the graphics and ui
related elements, i have very little business being here and doing things. :)

samsung has been using EFL in working on limo/SLP for a long time now and has
contributed lots of work (directly) back and that work is already open and in
upstream source repositories. i'd like to think samsung has earned it's stripes
and has followed the letter and the spirit of the licenses with EFL for years
now.

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>