[Tizen General] regarding home projects in https://build.tizen.org/

Artem Bityutskiy artem.bityutskiy at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 3 11:04:10 GMT 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 12:54 +0200, Karol Lewandowski wrote:
> On 09/26/2013 02:32 PM, Jian-feng Ding wrote:
> > Hi, Ravi
> >
> > As I know, currently build.tizen.org will only support read-only access for
> > most of the developers. For build verifications, please use the tool gbs to do
> > it in local machines.
>
> gbs done locally will allow one to test if package builds properly
> or not.  This won't be enough for proper integration testing, though.
>
> Say I would like to to test if new version of some core component
> (be it libudev) doesn't break the whole system.  This is where
> OBS project would come handy.

Can you build an image with your new libudev using mic and verify that?

> Should I file bug in JIRA asking for such staging OBS project
> or is it possible to actually get r/w OBS access for folks that
> touch core stuff?

AFAIK the general philosophy of the tools team is that they would like
to make the system work so that developers would not need to
use/care/know about OBS... Not sure at all if this is easy to do though.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy