[Tizen General] regarding home projects in https://build.tizen.org/

Artem Bityutskiy artem.bityutskiy at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 3 12:18:15 GMT 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 14:06 +0200, Karol Lewandowski wrote:
> On 10/03/2013 01:05 PM, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:

> >> gbs done locally will allow one to test if package builds properly
> >> or not.  This won't be enough for proper integration testing, though.
> >>
> >> Say I would like to to test if new version of some core component
> >> (be it libudev) doesn't break the whole system.  This is where
> >> OBS project would come handy.
> >
> > Or you say that you need to make sure the dependencies are rebuilt?
>
> Yes, that's the point. We had exactly this problem before - libudev
> SONAME was bumped from 0 to 1 - and this does require complete rebuild,
> unfortunately.

OK, let's see what the tools team answers, I am also interested to hear
how this class of problems can be solved. I guess few people would need
OBS access, and few people would actually want to deal with OBS
directly. So at very least some people could get a playground OBS
project for things like this.

Or may be the tools team will offer a way to solve the problem without
direct OBS access... Let's see.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy