[Tizen General] Repositories not clonable with anonymous git://

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Oct 14 18:41:37 GMT 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-14 at 20:38 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-10-14 at 17:43 +0200, Jan-Simon Möller wrote:
> > These repositories are not clonable with plain git://
>
> I am not sure whether cloning via the git protocol is meant to work. The
> gerrit web interface only mentions an URL for anonymous http, but even
> that asks for a username/password.
>
> Can you give an example, with full URL, where plain git:// works?

After a bit more experimenting with URLs, I can answer that myself:

$ git clone git://review.tizen.org/platform/core/pim/calendar-service
Cloning into 'calendar-service'...
remote: Counting objects: 613, done.

> Either way, this is a question for the gerrit tools team and/or the
> people who created these repos. Tracy, several (all?) of the repos that
> you created for me seem to be affected, for example:
>
> $ git clone git://review.tizen.org/gerrit/platform/upstream/syncevolution.git
> Cloning into 'syncevolution'...
> fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported: /gerrit/platform/upstream/syncevolution.git
>
> Is this something that I can fix?

This still fails, even with the correct URL:

$ git clone git://review.tizen.org/platform/upstream/syncevolution
Cloning into 'syncevolution'...
fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported: /platform/upstream/syncevolution

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.