[Tizen General] How can I remove "-O2" flag when I build project for GBS?

VanCutsem, Geoffroy geoffroy.vancutsem at intel.com
Thu Sep 5 09:35:17 GMT 2013

Hi!
From: general-bounces at lists.tizen.org [mailto:general-bounces at lists.tizen.org] On Behalf Of DongHyuk Yang
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:00 AM
To: general at lists.tizen.org
Subject: [Tizen General] How can I remove "-O2" flag when I build project for GBS?

Hello.

I have a question using the GBS.

I think that the GBS uses "-O2" flag internally when building the project.

Is it right?

Not quite, this can come from various places. It’s typically set via the build.conf file (prjconf meta data in OBS terms). I don’t know what profile/architecture you’re building for but take a look in /var/tmp/<user>-gbs/ on your development system. You should have some *.conf file and there is a %__global_cflags set in there (at the bottom of it). You can save a copy of that file (e.g. build.conf), modify the options to what you like and then use it with gbs as follows:

- gbs build -D build.conf –A <arch>

 I think some packages actually overwrite these values via their spec files… but I don’t know if they’re really supposed to do it.

Geoffroy
Intel Corporation NV/SA
Kings Square, Veldkant 31
2550 Kontich
RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.
Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09