[Tizen General] Does GBS leak memory?

Hanchett, Paul phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com
Fri Sep 6 15:44:11 GMT 2013

Well, I definitely don't have 6GB to give on my current dev machine--
limited to 2GB for my VM before the (Windows) host becomes starved for
memory.  I'm told my *real* dev machine is "in the mail".   ;-)

This list won't let me post an image, but the gbs job has exited and top
shows a lot of memory still consumed (1.9GB real memory and 1GB swap on a
machine with 2GB main and 1GB swap disk).  The particular image I have
shows cc1 still running, but I've seen where everything has exited and it
still looks like large amounts of memory are consumed (~1.7GB!).  I can
only account for maybe half that as Ubuntu...

The other thing that may be significant is that it only seems to happen
when it fails because of out of memory (I have seen a message about failed
to fork...).  Doesn't happen on a "normal" error.

I seem to have gotten past this for now by removing the "--threads=4"
parameter from my build line.

Paul

Paul Hanchett
Infotainment Engineer
MSX on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover
One World Trade Center, 121 Southwest Salmon Street, 11th Floor, Portland,
Oregon, 97204

Email: phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com

Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited